Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBR Mumbai CHapter - Mega Adventure Sikkim bhutan
Riders,

Its time for Mega Adventure by IBR Mumbai.

The dream ride has been around for a while and this time Mumbai Team has progressively developed the Ride plan. Thanks to Philip, Abhijit, Sajeesh for pitching in and specially Philip to nail down the itinerary.

Its a pleasure to announce Mega Adventure the Ride to Sikkim & Bhutan in May & June 2015 for a period of 19 days by IBR Mumbai. A few Mumbai riders have been waiting for this ride to formulate! 
Dates - 20th May 2015 to 6/7th June 2015

Ride Details - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...dit#gid=12 

Route - http://goo.gl/maps/mo2rr 
The route after Trashigang is not possible to document on google maps and hence not visible.

Riders who can participate:
This is closed ride and selection reserved by Senior Riders. This ride will be taking us through difficult terrains and high altitudes. The criteria is selective and only those who have done a minimum of 5 day rides or 1 long ride with us are eligible. 

The number of Riders are restricted to 12 citing group management & logistics. There are few slots open (accounting Tentative slots) which will be entertained based on seniority/riding experience as mentioned above. Beyond 12, Senior riders & the group reserve the right to add riders to this ride.

We are going by Train on the 20th May and will be flying back on the 6th/7th to Mumbai. Details of our travel will be posted in this thread. The Ride will start on 22nd May afternoon from New Jalpaiguri & will end on the 5th June at Guwahati. 

We will ship the bikes; details of which will be posted later in this thread along with other development related to the ride as we progress.  

Confirmed Riders List:
1. Sajeesh Nair
2. Abhijit Jadhav
3. Santosh Shirodkar (Machha)
4. Philip Sequeira
5. Murthy Iyer
6. Zahir Jaipury
7. Prakash kothari (PC)
8. Amol Singalwar
9. Sameer Relan 

Tentative
Shainoj Joy
Shadab Palkar

List of things required and are to be checked/prepped before the ride.

Safety Gears - 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?..._web#gid=3  

Spares - 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?..._web#gid=1 

Medication - 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?..._web#gid=0 

Clothes - 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?..._web#gid=4 

Ride Details
We will be encountering all types of roads so please be mentally and physically prepared for the same, we expect you to prepare the bike for the same in terms of getting it serviced and up to date for the ride.

To enter Bhutan, we will be asked to furnish papers for permits. So it is mandatory to carry 3 copies of the following papers.
1. Photo ID (Voters ID or Passport)
2. Bike RC Book
3. Insurance Papers

Keep watching this thread for more details as we progress for the ride prep.

Suggestions are welcome!

Regards,
IBR Mumbai

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
what a planning.... what a crazy planning. Mumbai Chapter rocks...

God Bless you all in this trip.

.pdf   Bhutan_Road Network New (1).pdf (Size: 830.15 KB / Downloads: 223)
.pdf   Bhutan_Road Network New (1).pdf (Size: 830.15 KB / Downloads: 223)

Yay finally the most awaited thread of 2015 is up....

MA 2015 aspirants...some useful info on Sikkim and Bhutan in the below links...

Delhi riders that have already done Sikkim Bhutan, please do post some valuable inputs.

Sikkim

Bhutan

Indian Consular Services - Phuentsholing
I waited for so long. I have waited for 6 long years to do the MA. Lets rock guys.

The first international trip of Mumbai chapter and second in IBR history.

Chala Jau Ya!
Awesome Planning bhailog...

Have a safe and fun filled ride all along...

Cheers,
VeErA
RuLe ThE RoAd
Sajeesh bhai, Sameer bhai and all the brothers on this trip. This will be such an amazing ride, I swear and Chief, guess, it was worth the wait. 

You all have been inspiring us with all you do and this will be one more story which we would want to follow and be part of it once in a life time. Showing all of us the way !!

Wishing you all the good luck that can ever come your way. Will surely follow this thread.
Leaders don't force people to follow,. They invite them on a JOURNEY... Lets ride together !!
-Abdul.
This is hell of a ride man, you guys really rock. Bhutan is one of my favorites and it’s a place to get settled. The roads aren’t bad at all its just it was little tiring for us to cover it all the way from Delhi nd Nepaul (Nepal). The route and plan look amazing. Saj, good to see your name after so long. cheers
I would rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God,than sitting in a temple thinking about my motorcycle
Finally.. The plans ate unfolded to all.. Reverse count has begun.. Delhi guys can give their valuable tips on this..
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path
Excellent guys..... This is too tempting for me to join in Big Grin

Great going bhailog....!!!
You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle...!!!!
Finally , the ride i have been looking forward to since my accident.. guess all the wait is totally worth it.. Delhi Guys who have done this ride previously.. ur valuable inputs are welcome even though it looks like, we have a pretty meticulous planning done by Philip, Sameer, Abhi and Saj.. Desperately counting down to D-day..
Thank God the British came to India and gave us the "ROYAL ENFIELD".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow IBR Bangalore Mega Adventure 2016 - Ride to the "Silk Route" & "Tigers Nest" Satty 41 16,095 05-20-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: jitu
  Mega Adventure Ride to The Cold Desert - Ladakh 2016 KAUSTAV 18 9,746 05-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Last Post: KAUSTAV
  IBR Mumbai Holi Ride 24-26 March 2016 arkitek 18 9,514 03-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Prakashkothari
  IBRMC MUMBAI CHAPTER ANNIVERSARY BASH Philip 3 2,965 11-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  Day Ride - Mumbai Chapter - Kelva Beach Resort Philip 13 8,997 11-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Last Post: harjeetpundir