Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bangalore to Delhi Road Condition and Route Plan
Exclamation 
Bangalore to Delhi Road Condition and Route Plan

Gentlemen,

I belong to Bangalore Chapter.

I am planning to ride from Bangalore to Chandigarh for Rider Mania 2015. My plan to ride is still not confirmed due to the approval from my family...   Big Grin 
I have still not decided weather I would be riding with a group or solo, as no other member from my chapter is riding to Chandigarh.

I wish to ride to Delhi in January 2015 and have allotted 6 days for riding, in order to take ample rest and stoppages. I am also considering to take the shortest route as I might be riding solo.

Any info on the route plan and road condition between Bangalore and Delhi.?
Inputs would be appreciated.

Thanking you.
Hi Bhaskar,

Please talk to Bangalore Chapter heads. As far as I know, 4 or 5 people are riding to Chandigarh for RM from Bangalore. They should be able to help you on the route plan. 

Thanks
Skay.
Hi Bhasker,

As suggested by google maps,there are 2 routes for BLR-CHD :

1) Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jhansi-Agra-Delhi-Chandigarh (2392kms)

2) Bangalore-Solapur-Aurangabad-Bhilwara-Jaipur-Rohtak-Delhi-Chandigarh (2414kms)

Personally i feel the second route is safer and good roads also...

Recently been to MP and i can say the roads were pathetic,infact u can say no roads at all (Itarsi-Bhopal) and what i heard from locals was that roads are pretty much the same in MP as they have started construction recently,so you will also find hell lot of trucks for your company... N also,when you passing through Lalitpur-Jhansi you might encounter the local miscreants who are pretty notorious over that place(I have stayed in Jhansi back in 2006),So it would not be advisable to take that route..N also the roads back then were not so good for riding (Not sure how it is now)...

So i feel the 2nd route option is the best n safest for BLR-CHD... Considering you have 6 days,this can be done with an average of 400kms per day..

You can post your queries about road conditions on the facebook group of HV Kumar,they might give you the current status of the condition of roads..

Hope this helped... See you in RM Smile

Cheers,
Satish
You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle...!!!!
(12-10-2014, 12:27 PM)Skay Wrote: Hi Bhaskar,

Please talk to Bangalore Chapter heads. As far as I know, 4 or 5 people are riding to Chandigarh for RM from Bangalore. They should be able to help you on the route plan. 

Thanks
Skay.

Hi Skay,

Thank you for your reply ! I almost forgot that 3 members (Satish bhai and 2 others) from my chapter, are riding to Rider Mania. But they are taking a very long route almost 4,300 kms (via Pune, Mumbai, Rann of Kutch, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Jaipur). I am not game for such long route, for the fact that my riding experience is very less and my family wont allow me to take such a long route. Moreover, it would be straining physically. I would prefer to take the regular route (via Hyderabad, Nagpur, Gwalior, Agra, Delhi) as it would be just 2,400 kms and less physicallly demanding.

Meanwhile, 3 other members from my chapter have shown interest to join me and ride to Chandigarh  Big Grin  Hence, I would not be compelled to ride solo and chances of my parents approving me to ride would increase. Big Grin

(12-10-2014, 02:19 PM)Satty Wrote: Hi Bhasker,

As suggested by google maps,there are 2 routes for BLR-CHD :

1) Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jhansi-Agra-Delhi-Chandigarh (2392kms)

2) Bangalore-Solapur-Aurangabad-Bhilwara-Jaipur-Rohtak-Delhi-Chandigarh (2414kms)

Personally i feel the second route is safer and good roads also...

Recently been to MP and i can say the roads were pathetic,infact u can say no roads at all (Itarsi-Bhopal) and what i heard from locals was that roads are pretty much the same in MP as they have started construction recently,so you will also find hell lot of trucks for your company... N also,when you passing through Lalitpur-Jhansi you might encounter the local miscreants who are pretty notorious over that place(I have stayed in Jhansi back in 2006),So it would not be advisable to take that route..N also the roads back then were not so good for riding (Not sure how it is now)...

So i feel the 2nd route option is the best n safest for BLR-CHD... Considering you have 6 days,this can be done with an average of 400kms per day..

You can post your queries about road conditions on the facebook group of HV Kumar,they might give you the current status of the condition of roads..

Hope this helped... See you in RM Smile

Cheers,
Satish

Hello Satish bhai,

Thank you for your reply ! I would take some time to decide the two options which you gave above. But, Option 1 seems to be a bit offstream. Not heard anyone preferring it. But still I will look into the pros and cons and decide.

Option 2 is quite popular though, and I took an input from Roshni Sharma, who did Kanykumari to Leh in July 2014. She followed the same route. She reports that roads are bad after Adilabad, Nagpur, near Jhansi and Gwalior. But I feel that there is no road in India, which might be totally OK, so may be some stretch of bad roads should be tolerated. Also, we took this route when we purchased our car in 2007 and drove down from Chandigarh to Hyderabad. Roads were not so bad those days.

Also, do you have some more info on the road condition of Option 1 ?

Regards !
Which according to you is the option 1 and option 2? M confused...!!!

Anyways, MP roads are in bad condition as i heard from the locals also when i visited Bhopal this month... So for me preferred route will be Bangalore-Solapur-Aurangabad-Bhilwara-Jaipur-Rohtak-Delhi-Chandigarh... Roads are good is what i have heard.. N as i suggested in my earlier post, ask your query of current road conditions in the FB group "HV Kumar"... Or you can search in their earlier posts too,u might find your answers Smile
Also,if you have done the Jhansi route before then you would like to go that way again....I stayed in Jhansi for sometime, although roads are good,but mugging was quite common those days as u pass through the remote areas...!!

Look into your options well n plan accordingly... Best wishes..!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bhutan Route Plan Boruah 14 11,310 01-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Sajeesh
  India-Myanmar-Thailand road - Govt to sign pact in November Sajeesh 8 6,220 01-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: jitu
  Safest Route from Mumbai to Jammu without going through Chandigarg & Manali Jaison Thomas 2 3,085 12-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Satty
  Safest Route to Travel from Agra to Vishakapatnam (Any Suggestions). Jaison Thomas 7 7,032 12-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Jaison Thomas
  hyd - bijapur road ?? lonewolf 1 2,431 11-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sajeesh