rohit0409Mumbai to Goa via Coastal Route, Sagari Mahamarg: The road less trodden
Photo 
*******Mumbai to Goa:: Sagari Mahamarg:: MSH4 :: Coastal Ride********

Dear Brothers,

A route on my mind for quite few years, the last time I planned this I ended up doing Spiti circuit instead. Have done parts of this route many a times, but never did a planned full coastal route. Not a perfect month to do this route, but not a bad one either. Hopefully this time stars have aligned; and would pray that there are no last minute drama.

Coming back to the ride, I have planned 8 days of expedition to cover roughly 1200 kms. Believe me, this route requires as many days as possible. No rushing, absorbing it all; that’s the plan.

Pristine beaches of Konkan, Ancient but magnificent temples and forts, exotic backwaters and mouth-watering Konkani food would surely be the highlights of this route.

I will be skipping Alibaug-Murud stretch, as I have done it many a times. Will hit Shiroda and ride back to Mumbai.

Have attached a rough itinerary for reference, some tweaking are possible in time leading up to the start day.

Many thanks to Philip (Ex-Chapter Head, Mumbai) for being there always and guiding with detailed route planning. You are just amazing brother, Cheers J

Happy Riding,
Rohit Singh
Cheers, Rohit K S
Awesome plan Rohit...Have a great ride.
Thanks Bro. Would have loved if you had joined. As they say, there is always a next time. Cheers :-)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk
Cheers, Rohit K S
Ironically, we, as Mumbai chapter have never done a group ride to Goa... Thinking why ....
(03-14-2019, 04:27 AM)Sajeesh Wrote: Ironically, we, as Mumbai chapter have never done a group ride to Goa... Thinking why ....
Yes Sajeesh, this is really strange. Group ride via NH has happened, but still MSH4 is something which shall not be missed. Phillip and I were discussing the same thing the other day. This is a must do route :-)

Cheers, Rohit K S
(03-14-2019, 04:27 AM)Sajeesh Wrote: Ironically, we, as Mumbai chapter have never done a group ride to Goa... Thinking why ....
This has always been on my mind...also while talking to Rohit i said the same thing to him...dont knw why???

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk
There are things known and things unknown and in between are the doors"
We went to Goa last year for Quad chapter meet..
If you remember, we did coastal camping ride on similar lines 6-7 years back..

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path
(03-14-2019, 12:11 AM)rohit0409 Wrote: *******Mumbai to Goa:: Sagari Mahamarg:: MSH4 :: Coastal Ride********

Dear Brothers,

A route on my mind for quite few years, the last time I planned this I ended up doing Spiti circuit instead. Have done parts of this route many a times, but never did a planned full coastal route. Not a perfect month to do this route, but not a bad one either. Hopefully this time stars have aligned; and would pray that there are no last minute drama.

Coming back to the ride, I have planned 8 days of expedition to cover roughly 1200 kms. Believe me, this route requires as many days as possible. No rushing, absorbing it all; that’s the plan.

Pristine beaches of Konkan, Ancient but magnificent temples and forts, exotic backwaters and mouth-watering Konkani food would surely be the highlights of this route.

I will be skipping Alibaug-Murud stretch, as I have done it many a times. Will hit Shiroda and ride back to Mumbai.

Have attached a rough itinerary for reference, some tweaking are possible in time leading up to the start day.

Many thanks to Philip (Ex-Chapter Head, Mumbai) for being there always and guiding with detailed route planning. You are just amazing brother, Cheers J

Happy Riding,
Rohit Singh
Good plan Rohit..
I have a few suggestions if have not finalized this and open to some modifications.

There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path
(03-14-2019, 11:32 AM)abhijitj78 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 12:11 AM)rohit0409 Wrote: *******Mumbai to Goa:: Sagari Mahamarg:: MSH4 :: Coastal Ride********

Dear Brothers,

Happy Riding,
Rohit Singh
Good plan Rohit..
I have a few suggestions if have not finalized this and open to some modifications.

Yes Abhi bhai, will call you. Thanks

Cheers, Rohit K S
Great plan Rohit
rohit0409*******Mumbai to Goa:: Sagari Mahamarg:: MSH4 :: Coastal Ride********

Dear Brothers,

Happy Riding,
Rohit Singh
Ek gear nichu
Akkhaa Mumbai pichu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart South Coastal Ride via Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi, Kanyakumari, Munnar sumitchavan27 3 246 03-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Last Post: rohit0409
  Ride plan from Mumbai-RM-ROK-Mumbai MustakChrome500 2 284 01-29-2019, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Chiraag
  Ride to Rann Of Kutch, Coastal Kathiyawad & Sasan Gir MustakChrome500 13 1,671 01-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Philip
  Ride from Bangalore - Goa for IBW sampath06 0 1,436 01-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sampath06
Star Hyderabad - Goa - 1st Road Trip - Suggestions Required surajreddyk 6 5,743 01-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Jaison Thomas