For existing members: Please do a password reset before login otherwise you will not be able to access the forum. If you face any issue, please raise a support ticket with us.

BS3 switch mod for the I650

This board is purely to discussion the technical stuffs, queries, mods, concerns, or seek suggestions pertaining to motorcycle world only.
girishsarwal
IBRian

Post by girishsarwal »

Team,

This is really my first post and given my interest and qualifications in electronics,i though i could start with things that help back the community.

I've been able to rewire a BS3 switch on the Interceptor 650 with my LED headlight that has a DRL built in. My goal was to do this without any cutting of wires.

Here's a video of it. Plans and schematics coming soon that anyone is free to use to mod their Vehicle if required. Most welcome to answer any questions around this.

[MEDIA=youtube]oFZQ-1MT8mo[/MEDIA]

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Sajeesh
IBRian

Post by Sajeesh »

Interested to see the plan. Also, whats the benefit of this setup?

Sent via Tapatalk
Sajeesh

girishsarwal
IBRian

Post by girishsarwal »

Sure will be posting the schematics soon. The benefits I figure are

1. All lights are controlled with one switch on the RH. no additional switches on the crossbar.
2. If one has the original Halogen,the always on halogen pulls a lot of battery when the engine is off. A little rework can allow the parking light to be turned on instead of the dipper.
3. If using an LED based headlight, it comes with a DRL which stays either unused or lights up with the dipper in the normal connection or like 1 needs more switches on the crossbar/handlebar.

If one buys a BS3 switch for the bullet, while it's size compliant, it's not wiring compliant. My goal was to make it wiring compliant.

I am not quite well versed with the AHO guidelines so at your own risk disclaimer applies.

girishsarwal
IBRian

Post by girishsarwal »

The Schematic sheet is ready now. Attaching. Please feel free to ask any questions. Regular disclaimer "at your own risk" applies :D
Attachments
Schematic_I650 Harness_20200329165217.png

girishsarwal
IBRian

Post by girishsarwal »

[QUOTE="girishsarwal, post: 28029, member: 16925"]
The Schematic sheet is ready now. Attaching. Please feel free to ask any questions. Regular disclaimer "at your own risk" applies :D
[/QUOTE]

Updated
Attachments
Schematic_I650 Harness_20200329165217.png

Return to “Technical Exchange & Questions | Modifications”